|1997 – 2003||Studies of chemistry at the Ruprecht-Karls University, Heidelberg.|
|Jul–Aug ‘99||Internship at Bayer AG, research centre Wuppertal-Elberfeld (Dr. T. Kraemer).|
|2000 – 2001||Semester abroad at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK. Research project: “Surface Enhanced Raman-Spectroscopy” (Dr. D. Graham).|
|2001||Internship at the Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore. Research project: “Oncoproteins of the Human Papilloma Virus” (Prof. H.U. Bernard).|
|2002 – 2003||Diploma thesis on “Redox-functionalized tetra(hetero)arylmethanes” (Prof. T.J.J. Müller). Mar 17th ‘03: Diploma exam, subsidiary subject: molecular biology.|
|2003 – 2006||PhD thesis in the group of Prof. T. Carell on “Metal-Base Pairs in DNA”. First: Philipps University, Marburg, from Dec ‘03: Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich. Dec 19th ’06: PhD exam (summa cum laude).|
|2007 – 2009||Postdoc in the group of Prof. M. Shionoya, Tokyo University, working on the “Synthesis, characterization and host-guest chemistry of nanoscopic cages” supported by JSPS and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.|
|2009 – 2010||Project Assistant Professor at the Dept. of Chemistry, Grad. School of Science, Tokyo University.|
|2010 – 2013|
|Jun.-Prof. (W1) at the Inorg. Chem. Dept. of the Georg-August-University Göttingen|
Prof. (W2) at the Inorg. Chem. Dept. of the Georg-August-University Göttingen
Awards, Scholarships, Activities
• “Otto Hofmann Foundation” prize for pre-diploma.
• “Dr. Sophie Bernthsen Fonds“ prize for diploma.
• “Dr. Klaus Römer Foundation” prize for PhD thesis.
• ADUC Prize 2012 (Young Investigator Award) of the German Chemical Society (GDCh)
• FCI Dozentenpreis 2014 (Young Investigator Award) of the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie
• Apr 2001 – Mar 2003 Fellow of the Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes.
• Oct 2003 – Sep 2005 Kekulé fellow of the Fonds des Verbandes der Chem. Industrie.
• Jun 2007 – Apr 2009 Postdoctoral fellow of JSPS and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
• Receiving of two JSPS research grants.
• 2013 – Vertrauensdozent der Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes
• JSPS Bridge Fellowship 2011 (9 lectures at Japanese Universities between Sept. 15th and Oct. 3rd)
• Invited participant of the Alexander von Humboldt SinoGFoS Symposium, Nanjing, China, 2012.
• Jun 2000: Participation at the 50. Nobel-Laureate-Meeting in Lindau (Klaus-Tschira Foundation).
• Oct 2005: Invitation to the “Roche Symposium for Leading Chemists of the Next Decade”, Basel.
• 2001: Founding member of a branch of the “Younger Chemist’s Committee” of the German Chemical Society (GDCh) in Heidelberg.
German Chemical Society (GDCh), Chemical Society of Japan (CSJ), JSPS Club.
Supramolecular Chemistry, Chemistry inside Molecular Cages, DNA Nano-Architecture, Molecular Machines.
German (mother tongue), English (fluent), French (basics), Japanese (intermediate, JLPT level 3).